Fiesta "it just went Click"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ford Fiesta Vreg (1999) 50,000 on clock. No real problems up until today
when I jumped in and turned the key. It just went click! Tried it 4 times then 5th time started no problem. I had noticed every so often that when I turned the key the starter would sound as if it was turning faster than normal and the engine took a little bit longer to start.....any ideas folks ??
:)

Sponsored Links
I'd hazard a guess that the starter motor (inc solenoid) is on its way out or there is a loose connection between the battery and solenoid. If you do anything with this wire, disconnect the earth terminal from the battery first (you'll need the keycode for the stereo btw - if you need this email me).

Thanks very much for your speedy reply to my peril. I will take a look at that. I think I have the radio code written down somewhere but if not I will let you know.......thanks again......

Give the battery terminals and clamps a good clean with some emery cloth / sandpaper. Bit of vaseline on them and try again

Sponsored Links
If it went click then this is likely to be the solenoid clicking. I'd guess that the starter motors cream crackered.

Back