Fiesta door replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there could any body possibly answer a question for me,
I have replaced a ford fiesta 2007 zetec front passenger door ( straight swap from breakers)
Only to find electric locking and electric window is now not working / folding mirror is working when pressing key fob lock button and window switch lights up. Any ideas appreciated Thanks

Sponsored Links
Was the door from an identical model? If not there could be wiring differences or if it is I would suspect the door to frame connectors. Check the voltage on the pins with the various operations and compare them with the drivers door. If there is a difference you may be able to swap the loom from the old door.

Peter

I would have thought 2007 would have CAN bus in the door, have you two wires in the loom going to the door twisted together? If so you have CAN bus and I would think the easiest will be to put the inside of the original door into the new door. But I cold be wrong .........................

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies
After spending three hours pulling and prodding have found that all inside door connections,elec window motor/ speaker/connections were corroded and are now Woking as for central locking still no go but as you may know it's not the easiest place to get to and am guessing this may be suffering the same....

Back