Fiesta heater problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
i have a fiesta 1.25 v reg and i cant turn the heaters off or even onto cold i have changed the heater valve and drained the coolant and renewed the coolant and now my heaters are even worse any ideas please help

Sponsored Links
Check the voltage on the valve because I think the default setting is 'on' so if no voltage present that could be your problem.

Peter

Cheers peter.
How do i check the voltage do i take off the fitting that is wired from car and test that or do i test the actual heater valve sensor, what do you mean by default sorry if these are daft questions

Presumably there is a plug and socket connection, just pull it apart and check the voltage across the pins, I'm not actually familier with the Fiesta but standard practise would indicate this. Check the voltage with it on hot and cold. Default is the mode it goes into with no voltage, in your case when its hot, applying a voltage (12 volts) switches it to cold. As I say I am not familier with this car but from what I have seen others write on the subject, I think this is so.

Peter

Sponsored Links
Hello peter
iv tested the connection and i have no voltage at all on hot or cold, will i require a new connection or will i need to look into the back of the switches on dash for a loose connection. Thanks for the help
rich

Hi Rich

You will probably find the problem is with the temp control switch, although you may find that there is a fuse in the circuit. I have had a look in my collection of Haynes manuals but don't have a Fiesta, nearest is a Sierra but that doesn't help at all.

I'm sure someone who is familier with the problem will be along shortly.

Peter

I reckon you're bang on, Peter....my total? 5 valves, one switch so they do pack in occasionally.
John :)

Thanks peter for all your help i will investigate the temp switch and fuses and will post the outcome once again thank you it will be a relief to have cold air blowing in my face

Sponsored Links
Back