Fiited Wardrobes - Mould behind

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted wardrobes in our bedroom and i noticed that the inside of one of them was wet to touch. Round about the same time an area of mould quickly appeared on the ceiling in the corner just about the wardrobes. I researched what it could be and concluded it was likely condensation. After reading all about condensation I left the bedroom windows open all day and I have started closing the bathroom door whilst showering. I also bought a crystal type product that removes moisture and placed this inside the wardrobe. It worked a treat, I emptied the water it had collected and the wardrobe has been bone dry ever since. I washed the mould of the ceilign but I have now noticed that there is also some on the wall behind the wardrobe. I can only see around 200mm of the wall at both ends of the wardrobes (if i look over the top). the rest is behind the back of the wardrobes. 200mm either side has been left vacant and has covering across so it looks like the wardrobe spans the whole width of the room. I can reach down and clean approx 1m of the stuff (it doesn't look too bad) but I have no way of telling what is at the bottom of the wall without tearing the covering off. I dont really want to do this because I didn't buy the wardrobes and would have no way of finding replacement parts and I will mess the wall up where it joins. I also cant see behind the main body of the wardrobes because the backs are on and the gap is approx 40mm (too small to see behind). I do however, want to sort the problem out. My main question is do I need to investigate what is behind the wardrobes? and what is the easiest solution? Now I have (i believe) sorted the ventilation problem out....will the mould stop growing? or will I need to treat it all. Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
You will first need to kill the mould with an Anti Fungicidal Wash.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back