filler for oak skirting

Sponsored Links
Various ways but... try using some " Brummer Stopping" comes in very small tins coloured to suit whatever type of wood your filling, but very good. Can be stained or varnished over. :)

No!! the PVA will flash when the varnish is applied ..IE show up . The Brummer stopping is designed to look the same as the wood. Fill it...rub it with the grain and put whatever top coat you want on.

Sponsored Links
hi,just one more thing,does anyone know what i should do with a gap between oak skirting and magnolia wall,there is a gap of about 3 mm

Or you could fill with caulk and wipe clean from wood and then paint with wall colour.

hi i would personally use sikkens gupa filler in light oak i personally have not found a better filler for colour match than that on the market, stopping short of mixing various shades of brummer to get an exact match,

I would apply decorators caulk to the gap and paint as per wall colour, take care when getting the caulk applied and make sure the woodwork is decorated prior so as not to get any caulk into the grain of the oak

regards

steve

hi,thanks for everyones advise,didnt even occur to me to decorate woodwork first to stop chaulk getiing into grain,thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back