Filler in mitred external corner?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've been trying to make the most of being home all the time this last month (so sad the pubs are closed) and am giving my bathroom a bit of a tidy, replacing worn silicone and grout - things like that.

There's an external corner, where the tiles have been mitred, the gap having previously been filled with something a close colour match to the tiles. Some of this filler has come out, and I'd like to replace it (the image shows the original filler that's still in place and the gaps where it's come loose).

At first I thought it was just coloured grout, and I tried filling the gap with Meipei coloured grout. The colour match was about right, but the texture is all off. The original filler has a smooth finish, way smoother than the grout. So now I'm thinking it's some other kind of filler... before I just start throwing the cash about, does anyone have any clues or guesses as to what would have been used here? It's beige/grey and has a really smooth finish. I've no idea who tiled it originally, so can't ask them.

Thanks

003.JPG

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that suggestion - I'll get some ordered! There's so many different products available I wouldn't have found that one myself. Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back