Gap between Floor and wall tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

There is a gap of say 5mm to 8mm give or take high between where the floor tiles meet the wall tiles in the bathroom.
The gap goes 3.5cm to 4cm back to the breeze block.

i'm guessing its the thickness of the dot and dab then plaster board, then tile adhesive then tile.

Problem is if i put some grout coloured silicon sealant down along the gap its just going to push into the gap.

So should i -

1 - Fill the gap with filler flush to the front with either pollyfiller or the large gap pollyfiller?

2 - Fill with tile grouting flush to the front?

3 - expanding foam?

4 - Fill with loads of silicone sealant?

And then use the grout coloured silicone sealant to finish off the job.

Not sure whats best?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
personally mate seeing as the tiling is finished i think i would just fill the gap with silicone sealer, afterall you dont want water ingress through there

or you could just nip out..an buy a bag of mortar/render infill bag, an infill with this,then use silcone..

Sponsored Links
but if i fill the gap up with just silicone sealer could it shrink and cause cracking or a split to appear along the bead?

not sure what to use to fill the gap?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back