Filling a perimeter gap around floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After some drylining was removed from the walls in a very small room of the house, a large gap remains around the tiled floor area. This perimeter gap ranges from 15 to 30mm between the tiles and walls. I appreciate that some sort of expansion gap must remain but what should I fill this gap with, any ideas??
Many thanks in advance....

Sponsored Links
skirting board.

You can space it off the wall with wooden battens if you like.

Thx, but I wasn't wanting to put any dry lining back but planning to skim and decorate the masonry walls. Just to be clear, this was a w/c in my lean-to which I'm planning to make into a kitchen larder.

After some drylining was removed from the walls in a very small room of the house, a large gap remains around the tiled floor area. This perimeter gap ranges from 15 to 30mm between the tiles and walls. I appreciate that some sort of expansion gap must remain but what should I fill this gap with, any ideas??
Many thanks in advance....
Do the walls not reach the floor?

Sponsored Links
The tiles are black, is there something out of a tube I can use or are there any other ideas??

Thx, but I wasn't wanting to put any dry lining back but planning to skim and decorate the masonry walls. Just to be clear, this was a w/c in my lean-to which I'm planning to make into a kitchen larder.
Even less clear now, you have a masonry wall that doesn’t touch the floor ?

Thanks for the suggestion but the gap varies a bit in width so this tile solution may be a problem.

Hi,
Thanks, I'm thinking that skirting with some scotia to hide the gap will be the easiest and neatest solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back