Filling brick holes and gaps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

We have a few holes in our bricks where I've removed some old coax or sky cables mostly. Just wondering what's best to fill with?

I got some external filler from Homebase, but it was bloody awful! Pressure required to get it out of the tube meant the tube bust in my hand! That and it was pure white!

Looks like BT just used clear silicone sealant when they did some drilling, does that work best? I looked at some liquid cement in mastic tubes, but reviews were really mixed.

Thoughts most welcome, black gaffa tape looks awful lol

Sponsored Links
External filler, Liquid cement in mastic tubes? What about good ol' sand and cement? Clear the hole of any dust and debris, give it a wetting and work the mortar deep into the hole and finish as required.

Clear silicone wont look pretty but it will stop water penetrating your external skin.

We're talking holes about the diameter of a pencil, I'd have thought getting mortar in there, and to stick, would be a pain no?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back