Filling-in channel... one-coat or finishing plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've cut a channel in my wall to contain a mains lead and HDMI cable for a projector. The HDMI cable is quite thick so I've cut down into the cement render, so about 12mm at its deepest. Looking at B&Q I'm not sure whether one-coat plaster or finishing plaster would be best. I'm guessing one-coat would be stronger in the big gaps (more like multi-purpose filler) but give a rough finish. Conversely the finishing plaster would be more likely to crack but give a good finish without the need to sand.

Does this sound right? Or is there a better product to use?

Sponsored Links
I use Easi Fill 45 for this sort of thing. Seems pretty happy to go in thick and only takes a very light sand to get it smooth. Probably do it in two coats for a better finish.

Sponsored Links
I did just that and it's looking good. I'll emulsion it tomorrow and expect it to be invisible once dried

thx a lot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back