Filling in cut out for vents in living room flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I used to have back boiler fitted and have since got a combi so no fire in the living room. I am now decorating and have removed the once mandatory ventilation grills in the flooring adjacent to each side on the chimney breasts with an intention to close them. the only problem is that under the grills there is a cutout approx 3cm by 15cm in the flooring. I want to know if it is possible to fill these in with a type of filler without having to replace the floorboards as i am just carpeting over the flooring. (not a fan of laminate sorry)

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't want to fill that sort of area - the filler wouldn't go off for ages anyway.
Cut a timber slip to the required size, but slightly plane a taper on the edges of the slip so when you bash it home, it grips tight. Add some PVA glue first. Fill any small irregularities with polyfilla or similar.
John :)

You will need to cut a timber to fit under the floorboards and screw in from each end , then infill with timber or once carpet is laid you may put your heel thru.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back