Filling in gaps around flu

Sponsored Links
I suppose it's possible if the system doesn't need a flush and a lot of the pipework lines up ish with the new boiler.

But if you have to upgrade the incoming gas supply and alter the electrics on top of the boiler install regardless of flushing then you would need a long day to get it done but just because it can be doesn't make the op's installer a cowboy does it ?

Judging an install on time taken is not really fair but as others have said there are a few finishing jobs letting the install down

Sponsored Links
FFS, sealing the flue isn't a finishing job,it's installed as per the instructions,if you do it different that's up to you so don't say it's spoiling jack ****.

Some of you guys need to speed up or get a grip,after nearly 20 years I can still (with a good level 2 appo) install a complete 7rad heating from scratch in a day all in copper.
I'm no way alone in being able to do it.whether I chose to do it now or chill and take extra time is now down to how I feel.

Then award yourself a Putty Medal :LOL: I`ll bet your level 2 appo loves you :mrgreen: . I choose to watch Jeremy Kyle while I think about the rest of my liesure day - hope your pension is as good as mine ;)

Marvellous pension Nige,the perks of working within a particular government sector. Full pension and retirement at 40 had I chose too.

OP, There is nothing wrong with your flue as you describe it, ignore the mugs on here who have never installed a boiler in their lives. Mostly armchair critics.

Also ignore Agile, he talks from his rear end most of the time, usually about eastern europeans or how everyone is a cowboy - except him.

You know your boiler is fitted according to the MI's so no probs is there?!?

Then award yourself a Putty Medal :LOL: I`ll bet your level 2 appo loves you :mrgreen: . I choose to watch Jeremy Kyle while I think about the rest of my liesure day - hope your pension is as good as mine ;)

You shouldnt be talking to him like that ?

What about a high rise block of flats , sealing that from outside might be a problem ?? some Mi's do or used to refer to this problem , sealing ring is OK !

You shouldnt be talking to him like that ?

What about a high rise block of flats , sealing that from outside might be a problem ?? some Mi's do or used to refer to this problem , sealing ring is OK !

Agreed sealing it from the outside could be a problem but make good on the inside should be part of the job whether stated in the install guide or not.

I do not expect my client to fill in their own chases after I have first fixed it is part of the install and is included in the price

If the OP's price clearly stated any make good extra then fair enough.

than there are C & U duct , boiler installs ??

IMHO rubber seals are not ID ?? flueing generally , steamers 300mm from an opening ?? air brick ? window ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back