Filling in gaps around flu

100mm core/4inch soil......brilliant

Now I know your full of s**t,4inch soil is 110mm.

FFS I know that give a guy a break for a typo:rolleyes:

U wanna whack a big hole in the wall carry on

Some of you are even more anal than the sparky's forum

Sponsored Links
The point is this boiler and many others tell you exactly how to fit it in the instructions.this one tells you to drill an oversize hole and use both seals.if it's good enough for the manufacturer then that's end of unless you think your better than the manufacturer.

The point is this boiler and many others tell you exactly how to fit it in the instructions.this one tells you to drill an oversize hole and use both seals.if it's good enough for the manufacturer then that's end of unless you think your better than the manufacturer.

Some would have done the job different but thanks to some the op thinks his installers a cowboy and hasn't fitted the job right even though it's done to the instructions.

Thanks to everyone that replied .. didn't mean to start such a long discussion :)

I checked again tonight and after I pushed the inner seal flat with the wall the draft has definitely gone. Still tempted to pull the seal back, fill the gap then replace the seal next time I've mortar mixed up .. just because it feels better (I assuming the post saying I've got to be a RGI to do this wasn't serious :) ).

2 people (well ... 4 if you include the sparks than came in the afternoon) taking 1 day to fit a boiler doesn't sound unreasonable to me. They appeared to work hard and seemed to split the tasks up so that they weren't in each others way and were always doing something rather than standing about chatting.

Sponsored Links

What was the typo? the fact the soil pipe is 4" or that you use a 100mm core? as for a 'whacking a big hole in the wall' we are talking about 27mm larger! do you have a tape measure? it aint much...... :rolleyes:

Some would have done the job different but thanks to some the op thinks his installers a cowboy and hasn't fitted the job right even though it's done to the instructions.

Thanks to everyone that replied .. didn't mean to start such a long discussion :)

I checked again tonight and after I pushed the inner seal flat with the wall the draft has definitely gone. Still tempted to pull the seal back, fill the gap then replace the seal next time I've mortar mixed up .. just because it feels better (I assuming the post saying I've got to be a RGI to do this wasn't serious :) ).

2 people (well ... 4 if you include the sparks than came in the afternoon) taking 1 day to fit a boiler doesn't sound unreasonable to me. They appeared to work hard and seemed to split the tasks up so that they weren't in each others way and were always doing something rather than standing about chatting.
Just had a warning notice from Homeserve that flue inside single wall garage, has to be sealed.It has rubber on outside, has been for 17 years.Told me to cement, and that,s what I,ve done.Condemmed the flue again because cage broken, either replace whole flue or it will be condemmed.Asked if I could put new separate cage over end.NO.Whole flue needed.Didn,t stop bloody wasps getting in and building a nest inside chamber whilst on holiday.Blew PCB, £190 to replace it.New flue £80 approx.

What was the typo? the fact the soil pipe is 4" or that you use a 100mm core? as for a 'whacking a big hole in the wall' we are talking about 27mm larger! do you have a tape measure? it aint much...... :rolleyes:

The 110mm bit got 100mm on the brain for some reason :confused:

Last time I checked 27mm is just over an inch unless my tape measure is incorrect maybe yours says something different

Would you find an 1" panel gap in your new car acceptable ?

For god sake don't work in the aerospace industry :eek:

As the poster above me said not sealing the hole internally can cause problems later on

What's really weird is that your the only one that is unregistered and unqualified who seems to think that following the instructions is wrong.

We fit primarily valiant products,they instruct the use of a 125 hole for a 100mm flue,hav they got it wrong as well.

The reason electricians aren't plumbers is that they cant read instructions.

As for your don't work in the aerospace industry,do you think they're any better. If I told you stories of things we used to do/see and find you'd never get on a plane again.

What's really weird is that your the only one that is unregistered and unqualified who seems to think that following the instructions is wrong.

We fit primarily valiant products,they instruct the use of a 125 hole for a 100mm flue,hav they got it wrong as well.

The reason electricians aren't plumbers is that they cant read instructions.

As for your don't work in the aerospace industry,do you think they're any better. If I told you stories of things we used to do/see and find you'd never get on a plane again.

Following your logic then I guess the reason why plumbers aren't electricians is because they haven't got the right tools to do the job neatly

I might be unqualified and unregistered to fit boilers which I do not but have hung mine and aligned the flue which will be checked by a gas safe
engineer when I can finally get it installed this weekend coming (hopefully) but I am qualified to know you don't necessarily need a 125mm hole to fit a 100mm diameter flue through it

Look you have your view on this I have mine and this is getting nowhere lets just agree to disagree.

I am sure what you are saying is right and it is common practice who am I to say different I only stated that personally I would fill in the hole internally and in certain circumstances you do not need a hole the size of that recommended

Got nothing more to say on this now

Have a nice evening

:D

Just one more question - did you use a 100mm core drill then or a 110mm core drill?

Just to clear this issue up.

Just one more question - did you use a 100mm core drill then or a 110mm core drill?

Just to clear this issue up.

It was 110mm and to be fair to you Ideal clearly state 127mm for the flue but I only had 110mm and it made a very nice fit with no break out or gap around the flue.

I was surprised myself but thought if this works and makes a neater job with less need to make good why don't we all do it ? :confused:

And I said I wouldn't reply any more but since you asked so nicely
:mrgreen:

and thanks for the thanks one good turn deserves another

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back