filling in plug sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Need some advice on the best way to repair walls before the wall is skimmed. I ve had to channel out for wiring and plug sockets would i just need to pva the area and fill with bonding plaster ?

If this correct how long would have to leave before i can plaster the walls?

(The outer walls are brick and inner walls are a soft grey block (not a breeze block) 1950's build.)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes just unibond it and fill with bonding,if you are over skimming then bring the bonding level with existing wall. You can skim it when the bonding has firmed up and changed colour. If the wall is painted then roller over it with unibond (PVA) and leave for 24 hours then give it another coat of PVA and skim when "tacky". If you have the sockets and switches attached make sure the unibond doesn't run down the wires when you apply it before you fill in the chase's unscrew them and pull them away from the wall....Good Luck....

Sounds good to me. The PVA will kill the suction in the blocks - they sound like aircrete blocks? so will have a very high suction which will make the plaster go off like a rocket! The PVA will also fix and dust - if there is a lot of dust then sweep it out first with a soft brush. With carlite bonding when it has done off you can go straight over it - this is the best way - if you let it dry out totally then it will suck all the water out of the finishing plaster and you'll not have time to trowel up the finish.

Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back