Filling large gap in wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my garage conversion a wall was built forward of the existing wall to keep the gas meter and CU in situ and also create a single flush wall rather than having a cupboard jutting out.

There is a draft from the cavity and I want to seal around it. I’ve tried using expanding foam but it just falls off as the gap is too large. I could build it up in layers but that would take a while.

I’ve noticed screwfix do a ‘sticky’ foam and was wondering if this might adhere better to the wall? Any other ideas?

Attachments

• 27999710-982D-4376-9204-CB340120AE30.jpeg
    27999710-982D-4376-9204-CB340120AE30.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 317
Sponsored Links
You could just jam in bit of insulation in the gap and infill with expanding foam .

Decorators centre should be able to sell you some expanded polythene foam "cord" (available in sizes up to 75mm) to fill most of the gap (used to fill gaps before caulking), foam to finish. Alternatively stuff some chicken wire or expanded metal (aluminium mesh) into the gap and then foam it. May take several applications but the "stuffingg" gives the foam extra supportpp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back