How best to fill a large gap in a wall

12 Mar 2003
Reaction score
United Kingdom

I am replacing skirting and replastering walls in an old room. Above the skirting there are a couple of largish, deep holes in the wall, which i need to fill properly before plastering over. Do you know what the best product to use would be to fill the gaps? Im thinking maybe that expanding foam stuff but not having done it before im not really sure.

Sponsored Links
I would use fast rapid cement like Jetcem + sharp sand. I not sure what reaction you'll get with plaster onto foam
You can safely use foam and plaster over it because once the foam has cured that's it. It is a solid ,stable material once set and can be cut , shaped , sanded , painted , plastered , etc....That would be my choice for the job and cut it flush to the wall once set .Make sure you blow any loose dust or debris from the holes first though. Happy plastering.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links