Filling Loop on water, water coming through concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had ongoing problems with my CH system. Has being going on for about 2 months and I think I'm finally getting close to solving it.

Was regularly losing pressure on my boiler when heating was off and pipes were cold. When heating is on, pressure is fine.

All my pipes are in concrete. Had a thermal imaging company come out and identified the source of the leak. Had someone come out today to dig up the relevant part of the concrete. The concrete was all very wet and they revealed the CH pipes - however there were no leaks at all in the pipework.

However, I've just opened the filling loop and a considerable amount of water has started to seep up through the exposed concrete. I therefore assume that there is pipework in the concrete below the pipework that they have revealed. Presumably this pipework connects to the filling loop but I really have no idea. Any ideas?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I've just opened the filling loop and a considerable amount of water has started to seep up through the exposed concrete

it's leaking

I therefore assume that there is pipework in the concrete below the pipework that they have revealed

would bet on it

Presumably this pipework connects to the filling loop but I really have no idea. Any ideas?

its the heating pipes you can prob see the hot and cold ;)

Thanks - the pipes I can see are defo the heating pipes as they get red hot. Presumably once they've managed to expose the pipes below the already exposed pipes, it should be a fairly easy task to fix? Just glad this is all on insurance!

Sponsored Links
Last one i done, pipes where leaking ten feet away from where water was coming through the concrete .Tracking along pipes and finding easiest exit . So you may have to do a bit more digging both down and along.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back