Filling loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I moved into a new flat recently and tried to switch the heating on last week but none of the radiators were getting warm. I had a look at the pressure gauge under the expansion vessel and it's at 0. I need to try and repressurise the system but can only find one end to connect the filling loop to. Pictures attached, any help appreciated!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Sponsored Links
Just a guess cos the pictures aren't that helpful but the the flexi looks like it should attach to the isolation valve to the bottom left of it in your picture.

There is an isolation valve with a brass cap on it right in the middle of the second photo, undo the cap and attach filling loop.

first pic ,bottom left corner shows a chrome isolation valve , with a brass cap nut . remove cap nut and rubber seal. connect filling hose. turn on black lever on other end of filling hose. put flat bladed screwdriver into slot on chrome isolating valve and turn 1/4 turn. pressure gauge should start to show rising pressure.when up to required pressure ,reverse all above actions.

Sponsored Links
And after that, contact you're landlord, and tell him there's a leak in the system, and it may need some more inhibitor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back