Filling up Frustration!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Everytime I try to fill up the car - a Fiat Punto 1.2, the pump dispenses some petrol ( about 50p's worth) and then stops. It keeps doing this and I am forever pressing the pump handle to get more petrol out but the the thing clicks as if the tank is full AND it certainly ain't.

I twist the pump nozzle every which way round to see if this helps but the problem continues. This goes for any petrol station I try. It is so difficult trying to fill the car...it takes an eternity AND I can never tell when the tank is full!! PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
I'm not familiar with this car, but most cars are ventilated within the filler neck to the tank,allowing the air out of the tank, sounds like there maybe a blockage or damage to the filler neck

The fuel tank in your car has quite a tight bend in the filler neck, the best way to fill up is not to push the nozzle all the way in, and to squeeze the trigger slowly until fuel flows but doesn't gush, this is a comman fault with a lot of smaller cars and unfortunaty there is no fix

Sponsored Links
My old (1989) Micra had an awkward filler, I had to hold the nozzle so I could almost see the petrol pouring in (and the vapour leaving :evil: )

Back