Film Remakes

D

dextrous

Have been sat here on the laptop with King Kong on in the background. Thre was never any need to remake it, neither recently nor back in the 80's(?)

Fay Wray was a great screamer, plus you could see her nipples through her dress. :eek: Very risque for the 1930's ;)

Sponsored Links
Dawn of The Dead. Much preferred the remake to the original, although the original was quite good. The zombies were too slow in the first one though. :)

The Ten Commandments.....The book was better :idea:

Have to agree most remakes are just a waste of time
The day the earth stood still
The ladykillers
The italian job
The wicker man
and on and on
That said I do like the remake of War of the worlds, ok so it has Tom Cruise in it and I've got planks in my workshop with more acting talent but it does try to follow the book a bit better than the fifties original.

Sponsored Links
Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy....
The series was enough, the film was shiiiiiiiiiiit.

Psycho, seem to recall there was a remake of this,nowhere near as good as the original.

Psycho, seem to recall there was a remake of this,nowhere near as good as the original.
Talking of which, what about awful sequels (of which the original psycho had more than it's fair share)?

Enjoyed Inglorious Basterds, even though it was more of a name pinch than a straight remake (although the original was hardly a blockbuster)
Superman? Pointless.
The Omen was almost the same as the original. But not scary.
Planet of the Apes. Pah!
Alfie? Pants.
They are supposedly remaking Arthur with Russel Brand, that c***.

Outstandingly pointless! Barely a scene or word of the original script was changed and Vince Vaughn just can't play "Mr Weird" the same as Anthony Perkins could. Add to this the vitriolic Anne Heche as the victim and you're almost cheering for Norman to do her in! :evil:

Charles Laughton as Quasimodo, I know disney updated it to a cartoon for todays younger generation but you'll never better the original.

Sponsored Links