Film Remakes

No-ones mentioned ..........'Planet of the apes' !
Charlton Heston original was unbeatable.

And............'The Four Feathers'..........Remade many times, but the black and white version is superb.

Sponsored Links
How about the Avengers movie? I never saw it, but apparently it was so bad that the studio wouldn't do any advance screenings for the critics.

Almost every remake ive ever seen wasnt a patch on the orginal.

the classic quintessential 1960's film Barbarella, was just remade by Robert Rodriguez, result - garbage.

Fahrenheit 451 (2009) dir. Frank Darabont , a remake of Fahrenheit 451 (1966) dir. François Truffaut, result - garbage

I Died A Thousand Times (1955) dir. Stuart Heisler, a remake of High Sierra (1941) dir. Raoul Walsh. I nearly choked with laughter at it.

Some films just get flogged to death- Rider Haggard wrote a book entitled The King Solomons Mines, theres been four film versions of it - 1937, 1950, 1985 and 2009. I still like the 1937 version best. similarly, Oliver Twist has been flogged to death with versions in 1922, 1933, 1948, 1968, 1982, 1997, 2004 and 2005. I hope to god they let it lie in peace now.....

Having said that, theres two versions of The Maltese Falcon, 1941 and 1931, i like them both.

Of course, the film buffs out there will already know that Never say never again is a remake of Thunderball, based on the Ian Fleming novel. I still prefer the original.

As for the remakes of Get Carter and The Italian Job there not worth mentioning, ive seen better films on dirty toilet pans.

Finally, Daphne Du Maurier wrote a book Rebecca, which was filmed twice, in 1941 and 1997. The latter versions sucked donkey balls imho. In my fickle youth, whilst at Uni, i saw it performed as a play in Manchester with an entirely forgettable 'all star' cast. At the end the cast all took a bow at the stage front, then the author, then an old lady, hobbled on and the spotlight swung on her. There was a silence, and some wag in the crowd shouted out "Bloody hell, its Rebecca"

That ruined it for me forever..............

[/i]

Sponsored Links
"Get your hands off me.... you damn dirty apes!!" Class :)

Oops, got a bit of both quotes here...... should have said,

"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape! " :oops:

What about...........

The Terminator 1984 "I'll be back."
Gone with The Wind -1939 "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!"
The Shawshank Redemption - 1994 "Get busy livin' or get busy dyin"
Terminator 2: Judgment Day - 1991 "Hasta la vista, baby."
Some Like It Hot - 1959 " Well, nobody's perfect"
2001: A Space Odyssey - 1968 "Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye."
Goldfinger - 1964 "Goodbye, Mr. Bond."
Get Carter - 1971 "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself. "
White Heat - 1949 "Made it, Ma! Top of the world!"
The Italian Job 1969 "Your only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!!"

about the only film i can think of as a remake that was any good was the magnificent 7. Everything else is just crap

I have to confess to enjoying all versions of A Christmas Carol, whether it be Alistair Sim or Patrick Stewart, whatever.

I enjoy the story.

They can remake it as many times as they like so long as they keep the story intact.

The 39 steps with Kenneth More in it was a remake,better than the original I think.

the taking of pelham 123......quality with shaw and mattau........utter garbage with washington.

The 39 steps with Kenneth More in it was a remake,better than the original I think.

You mean Alfred Hitchcock's 1935 version, the 1959 colour remake, the 1978 version which actually sticks to the novel; or the 2008 version for British television?

Sponsored Links