Film Remakes

Sponsored Links
The Third Man,fortunately no one has tried a remake have they?

Hollywood will always butcher a remake, but we all live in hope! yeah right
mypic_1270143990.jpg

mypic_1270129809.jpg

It's the arrogance of it all - "I can do a far better job of it".

Bit like Rick Astley releasing "When I fall in Love". Trouble was, someone decided to releas eNat King Cole's version at the same time. Goodbye Rick, never to be seen again :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links

Bit like Rick Astley releasing "When I fall in Love". Trouble was, someone decided to releas eNat King Cole's version at the same time. Goodbye Rick, never to be seen again :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Well what makes it worse,and makes them a sitting duck, is they pick on classic films that are definitive of there genre. Its like painting a new version of the Mona Lisa and wondering why people think its crap.

Well what makes it worse,and makes them a sitting duck, is they pick on classic films that are definitive of there genre. Its like painting a new version of the Mona Lisa and wondering why people think its crap.

I don't think it's arrogance. Hollywood hates taking risks so why not do something that's already been a success? If it works they'll make money. If it's crap (as they usually are) by the time word gets round enough people will have gone to see it (for comparison purposes) for it to have earned a few bob. Even the irredeemably bad 'Psycho' remake made a profit, and that's without international sales, TV or DVD deals. Chuck in a a few big name stars, new technology like CGI, and you're on to a winner. And don't forget - just because we think it's awful doesn't mean it won't go down a storm in places like India.
It's a formula that works so look forward to more of this rubbish :(