finders fee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just wanted to get a feel for peoples opinions on this situation,

i have a mate that is a s/e builder, i am on the books for a different company,
i have a lot of contacts from running my own building co before i went paye, i built up a some good clients that trust me and they still ask me to do bits and pieces on the side. The company i work for are not interested in me passing any jobs to them so i pass them on to my mate.
Anyway, the last decent job i recommended my mate for, i told him to stick £ 500 on the price for me for sorting it out, do you think this is fair ?

Sponsored Links
Anyway, the last decent job i recommended my mate for, i told him to stick £ 500 on the price for me for sorting it out, do you think this is fair ?[/quote]

It depends on the value of the job.It's up to your mate wether he quotes with an extra £500, or subs you out of his normal rate. But he may not get the job with the loading.

It will defo NOT be fair, if he simply adds on extra hours or fees to a day rate job

I told him id like some money before i introduced him to the customer, it was a decent job about 10k and he got it, so is it worth it to him to keep me in his good books to get more referrals?

Sponsored Links
Arte you saying that your mate has declined your demand for a refferal fee? If so, then pass your leads in a different direction.

But remember that unless your mate is doing labour only, a 10k job isn't actually worth 10K to him.

Cant see an issue its like a commission thats all, he wouldnt have got the job if not for you !

Back