Finding a mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm trying to fit a new mixer shower for a bathroom and I'm trying to avoid re-plumbing some pipes. I have existing hot and cold water pipes coming in for a washing machine. They are level and cold left and hot right. The one problem I have is the centres are at 120mm and I can't find a shower that will adjust to 120 centres.

Does anyone know of a mixer shower that will allow 120mm centres? Or am I going to have to re-do the pipework.

Thanks.

Matthew

Sponsored Links
I've just had a similar experience, although I adjusted the pipework in the end (my pipes were much too close together)

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=185247

When I researched a replacement, I remember that the Mira Miniduo shower I purchased had the facility to add as an option adjustable elbow inlet connections. Unfortunately, as it didn't apply to me I didn't take much notice of the extra possible dimensions. My basic shower starts with 110mm centres and the additional kit increases this.

Sorry it's a bit vague but it might help.

bite the bullet and buy the shower valve you like.

get some speedfit couplers and elbows and amend the pipework

Sponsored Links
Thanks for this. I looked into it and the extending arms work for 133-153.

However, I'm wondering if I could use one of the extending arms and then the normal arm on the other side. I've worked out this would give me 121.5 which could work out.

Anyone know if this is possible.

MS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back