Finding a SSAIB company

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Well I did some research as needed a SSAIB approved company for a Intruder Alarm install, checked against the SSAIB website and it didn't return any knowledge of said company!

The security company website states quite visibly it's an SSAIB approved company even with the SSAIB logo.

I don't want to kick up a stink as it may just be an issue with the SSAIB search engine.

Any ideas how to check, or do any of you installers have access to check that the public don't?

Thanks,

David

Sponsored Links
Did you select an activity (top right of the form)? Without an activity it doesn't return any results.

A link to the Company's web site would help.

sorry to say but we have had the same issue with the ssaib website sometimes its an issue with the postcode of the installer for example derby postcode but comes under Nottingham..if in doubt give the ssaib a ring

Sponsored Links
Because they are also a governing body who have approved installers that are inspected frequently. For all intents and purposes they offer the same service as SSAIB.

Because they are also a governing body who have approved installers that are inspected frequently. For all intents and purposes they offer the same service as SSAIB.
I know but I would argue the suggestion was inferring superiority.

But they ain't a governing body and neither would I say frequently with regard to inspections.

Because they are also a governing body who have approved installers that are inspected frequently.
?

Where on earth did you cobble that statement together from?

Why make a comment about something with incorrect information like that, it just makes you look stupid?

Ok, point taken. They are not a governing body and i should learn not to post first thing in the morning.

They do however work with government bodies. Non the less, their installers will generally work to a high standard providing certified alarm systems that meet insurance criterias, which i would hazard a guess is what the op is looking for.

Now i appreciate the errors in my post Europlex, however your post contributed even less and was just plain rude. Your post would suggest you have knowledge on the industry yet you only took the time to criticise and not offer any further information.

Now your just being pedantic and yet again adding nothing of value. The installers which they asses. Better??

Ok, point taken. They are not a governing body and i should learn not to post first thing in the morning.

They do however work with government bodies. Non the less, their installers will generally work to a high standard providing certified alarm systems that meet insurance criterias, which i would hazard a guess is what the op is looking for.
What Government bodies?

And a big assumption regarding all working to a high standard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back