finding cables once ceiling plaster board is on

Very good, not really workable for me though, seeing as I don't always go back to 2nd fix at that part of the drying process.

I just find measuring the best option.

Sponsored Links
Same here, not fortunate enough to be there when the boards are actually being fitted.

I just put plenty of cable up there, if possible I will put a clip slightly tacked right above the fitting position to hold it in place so the plasterer doesn't move it or wedge it.
Also I try to recommend lights I know I can get my forearm through, as well as hangers or a bit of trunking lid bent over at the end. Thats one of my most used tools ;)

Always measure positions and put it on paper to take away, any marks or tape you use to mark positions will almost certainly no longer be there.

Also make sure that your cable is sitting away from the plasterboard (clipped to joist, say) as it's quite easy to catch it when you drill up with the holesaw.

SB

PS For a fee I will rent out my 'lady arms' - I can get up to my elbow in a 67mm cut out! Whoo-hoo!

Sponsored Links
Don't give me that ColJack - there was nothing 'accidental' about it! :rolleyes:

SB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back