Finish not good on walls using trade paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having just applied brilliant white emulsion to walls in our hall we are finding that the coverage is not good. Admittedly one wall was dark brown so has needed more coats but having already done 4 coats it is still not that good. The other walls were much lighter so haven’t had as many coats but even they need more. We used a trade paint and wonder whether that is the reason.

Sponsored Links
did you stir it for long? With a stick, or a mixer in electric drill?

About how many litres have you used, over about how many square metres of wall?

Presumably you are using a roller, and in this weather, getting several coats on in a day?

To kill colour, light grey is more effective than white, but I suppose it's a bit late now.

Sponsored Links
be careful there are different trade paints i made this mistake.

if its contract paint, its useless on old walls, far to thin and has poor coverage, however is very good on pourous walls.

then you have trade paint which covers walls quicker and well, these will be found in trade decorator centres each paint brand has there own, i think brewers is a national chain of trade paint supplies. the paint shed online shop is also very good, kent blaxill if your in essex and suffolk aswell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back