finished insulating the room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hate doing insulation, especially Celotex; well this room is ready for plasterboard, which I hope I will start this weekend

Next time around I do spray-foam; I noticed that they are now selling in the UK do it yourself portable spray foam insulation kits. This is a 2 part polyurethane spray foam which is used as well as by professional as well by the diy’ers like me.

In the kit you get 2 tanks, hose, spray gun and nozzles. The costs is almost equal to using the boards, but the speed of application is a big winner, no more measuring and cutting, I could have done this room within an hour or so, now it took me 2 days, and a lot of mess because of the cutting

Untitled by mcluma, on Flickr

Sponsored Links
How would achieve your gap between the tiles and the insulation with spray foam?

Also do you not need a further continuous layer beneath the rafters?

when using sprayfoam you do not need the airgap, so there is no transition therefore there is no airflow, therefore no cold vs warm transition so no moisture build up

Is that what the manufacturers and their super websites tell you? Don't bother replying you've already been brainwashed.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back