making a drain cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I did this job on May the 4th , a day we spend most of the time in the cinema room watching Star Wars movies as it was **** Star Wars day ****

However before the kids are over and we will be settling down with drinks and popcorn I thought about to tackle a few of these little jobs

One of these jobs was to make a cover for a drain. Its been bugging me ever since we moved into the place as it was unsightly. When we moved in somebody just put a board on it, but that had long rotted away, and as its now going to be part of a flower bed/ rockery it was time to do it properly

Originally I had planned to pour a new lit out of concrete, and as I was looking for some wood to make a form I found some slabs lying around. So rather then making one from scratch I used these slabs

This is how it was looking – as the house got painted they also splashed some paint in the drain. Cannot be to picky about that, as it took my wife 2 weeks to paint the whole house, as I was away for business

Untitled by mcluma

Found some slabs that will do the job, got the angle grinder out and one of our dogs stayed and looked out for me, as the family was out getting the refreshments in.

by mcluma

Had to make a little support so that the back of the slab wouldn’t fall in. As you never know if somebody will be standing on it – I wouldn’t had to make this little support if I had poured a slab – but I had enough cut-offs to make it.

by mcluma

Job completed

by mcluma

by mcluma

Sponsored Links
Mm Photo's are not showing!

Could somebody give me a quick hint as to where I go wrong, as these codes work on other forum's

Pics are showing up ok for me. looks like a very neat job. Well done mate!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back