Finishing a solid wood floor that has a step down to the kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am going to lay a solid wood floor in a living room but there is a step down into the kitchen, how can i finish an exposed edge (it will be the groove not tongue) or is there a 90 degree bend i can buy to continue the floorboards vertically over the step?
As you can see, it's a tiny step and the carpet just folds over at the moment.
IMG_6645.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Can your flooring supplier not supply a matching hardwood nosing section? Laminate flooring firms often can. Don't really know about domestic solid wood flooring, but for the commercial stuff you always expect pre-machined pre-finished nosings to come as part of the job

Most wood flooring manufacturers should have a Stair nosing in their range to finish the step off, but, an alternative would be a Premier Lip profile from Stairrods Uk.

Why not remove all the carpet, and then post pics of the exposed area showing more of the context?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back