Finishing for awkward threshold tile to flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a really awkward threshold that I'd like to finish. On one side is a bathroom with tiles and on the other side is laminate flooring. Not only is the gap between them varying (i.e. narrow on one side and quite wide on the other) but the height different between them also varies.

I've purchased a tile to floor threshold strip which is as closely matched to the laminate as possible. Not sure if this is a great idea but my thinking for the install is this:
1. Cut the strip to the correct length
2. Use clear silicone as an adhesive to fill the gap and to stick the strip down to the floor. Ensure it reaches both sides of the edges so it seals it from dust.
3. Where there is big gaps, then I can push in some small bits of wood for packing to save on some silicone. I'd make sure I'd use silicone underneath and around the wood so that it is also stuck in.

Trying to keep budget as tight as possible but any thoughts on this idea? Is this something that could work or is this a disaster waiting to happen? Should I consider some other options (while keeping the tight budget in mind)?

1710105701119.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back