finishing inspection chamber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all

my builders finished our drainage but didn't put lids on the inspection chambers...
i researched and found a lid online, but was surprised to see it didnt come with a sealant ring inside. I contacted the seller who said this type just sits on top of the chamber and is held down by concrete / tarmac / paving stones etc.
However, i don't intend on any of these materials and i am going to be decking over the chamber (with access permitted in the decking).
Would you therefore just leave the lid resting on the chamber knowing the decking will sit on top, or would you secure it down with something ? Perhaps a semi-dry cement mix ?

Thoughts welcome please!

Attachments

• chamb1.jpg
    chamb1.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 26
Sponsored Links
You can take the cover off and screw the frame to the riser. But if there's ever a day when you need into that chamber (as sewage is backing up), you will want the easiest access possible, not fighting with a stuck lid.
You could weigh it down with an old brick so you don't knock it off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back