Finishing options for bathtub tiled wall surround

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning on having a glass tile wall surround installed around my bathtub. It's a standard 5' recessed tub (with apron), the surround will cover 3 walls and extend approximately 2/3 of the way up the wall. I realize installing glass tile is more difficult than ceramic so I'll be having a professional installer coming in to perform the work. However I'll be purchasing the materials myself.

My problem is the glass tile I've selected doesn't have trim tile available with it for the edges. Any ideas for my options for finishing the 3 exposed edges of the surround?

Sponsored Links
that's a difficult call without seeing the tiles in question.

with the 10mm thick modern glass tiles I often don't trim them with anything so the light shines through the edges which can look good. If I do trim the edge then a simple square-edged tile trim is normally the best option

Sponsored Links
ah, ok

an un-finished CUT edge is not an option with any tile!
I think tile-trim is the way to go.

I would use the more expensive chrome / alluminium, but a white or black plastic version is also an option

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back