Covering the gap between the bathtub and

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have put the bath in place before tiling to get my datum to start tiling above the bath and noticed that the walls are not at the right angle. If I align the longer edge of the tub with the wall, the shorter edge is "running away" from the wall with the widest gap being around 18mm. What are my options for covering this gap so it's waterproof and doesn't look like crap? I've seen bath trim strips but not sure if they're available at the width I need. Are there any other options?

Many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20201121_112845.jpg
    IMG_20201121_112845.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 190
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What thickness tiles do you have? I think your best bet would be to skew the bath so that you even the gap out along the short side and the long side. It sounds like you'll probably end up with the gaps being slightly wider than your tiles will cover, so if this is the case I'd carefully and accurately channel out the walls in the corner as cross thread suggests. You might only have to channel out 300mm or so from the corner to reduce the gaps enough for the tiles to cover them. Make sure you batten the walls to give the bath something solid to sit on and use plenty of silicone to bond the bath to the wall when you set it in position.

Thank you all for input. Sounds like there isn't an easy fix to my problem and I'm not very comfortable attempting channeling the bath into the wall myself. I shall leave it to the pros :)

Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back