Finishing wallpaper in a corner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I recently did some wallpapering in one of our spare rooms and it went pretty well, however one think seemed harder than I remember from years ago....
When trimming in the internal corners I couldn’t get it straight and I scored the plaster which is now visible and a few small tears in the paper.
Any tips? Blades were brand new and I kept trimming them.

Also, what should I do to tidy up? Paint up to the edge or add a thin bead of white caulk?

Sponsored Links
Using a straight edge helps a lot and adjusting the pressure to avoid plaster damage, if the paper is to be painted just run a bead of caulk down, if patterned have a look at paint matchpots and run similar coloured paint in the damage then wipe with a damp cloth to disguise the exposed backing paper.

How about removing that one or two lengths of paper in the corner, and starting again in the corner?

This time, measure from the edge of the paper still on the wall, to the corner, and add say 4mm.

Measure at 10 inch intervals down the wall, as the corner will be slightly out of true no doubt.

Fit piece of paper.

Repeat process on the other piece, around the corner.

Ensure your measurements will slightly overlap the first piece.

Border adhesive is good for the overlap.

Sponsored Links
Apologies, I’m doing a feature wall and actually finishing in the corner.

Yeah, I’ll probably just use an artists brush with white paint to touch in any areas where I scores the plaster.

Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back