Finishing walnut

yeah, very true. My brother works with metal as a profession, so this might be an option.

Sponsored Links
Unless you want the fixings showing then NO, they are designed for the bolt to be from the pronged side, using them on the underside will make them pull out. Try something like this just screws into a hole drilled in the wood

Jason

Sponsored Links
got the wood, got the stainless tubing to go round m6 thread, got the thread inserts for the wood, got the brackets.

What I'd like to find now, is some m6 nuts to go on the end of the thread to secure the glass. I'd like them to be quite decorative (modern). Screwfix have got a limited range. Any ideas where I can get some?

it won't be - male socket screw through stainless tube into female thread in wood.

The nut option was if I used M6 stud bar, but I can use either that or a long bolt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back