fire alarm and emergency lighting question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , ill try and keep this as simple as possible.
Say for instance that you had a 4 story house with a basement. The basement has been divided from the house and is now a one bedroom flat with separate entrance. The rest of the house has 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms spread over 3 floors and a kitchen and living room on the remaining ground floor. As its a 4 story story house its got 4 landings with 2 rooms on each floor.
My question is this. How many zones would you need for the fire alarm installation ? And how much emergency lighting would be necessary if it was to be converted into a house of multiple occupation ?

Sponsored Links
I'd chat with the Council since you are in Northern Ireland and they will be the ones who issue the HMO licence.

Smokes in every occupied room and one on each communal area of floor would seem right.

Emergency light on every floor would also seem right.

The separate property doesn't really enter in to it, other than possible noise matting, insulation, fire barriers.

Have you considered means of escape for the upper floors?

Thanks chris, ive contacted the local council who have a dedicated hmo section that are going to come around and asses what I need

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back