fire alarm wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi: comimg from a domestic background now have a job that requires a fire alarm panel siren etc where can I get a wiring spec for one ??

Sponsored Links
panel manufacturers.

but most are similar.

cable for sounders

cable for detectors / call points

cable is usualy red fp200

Thanks : what about the wiring, are they 2 core 4 core etc are they wired back to the panel similar to an alarm system where would you get a wiring diagram to install a system

depends on the panel

most are 2 core with end of line device*

* i have seen resitors, diodes and capacitors for end of line

as i said most are similar, cable from panel linking through all detection devices (this is so if one is removed a fault is indicated)

you wont really know untill you get the panel

read the panel specs first, try the TLC website

Sponsored Links
Depending on the layout of the system it may be cost effective to have 4 core cable and drop down for callpoints etc but you can carry the other two cores through to the sounders. Saves on cable and reduces installation time . It's also worth noting the system must incorporate at least two individual sounder circuits.

As this is a life safety system, it might be an idea to sub the job out to someone who knows what they are doing...

scott1980 said:
As this is a life safety system, it might be an idea to sub the job out to someone who knows what they are doing...

We all have to learn sometime... and it would have to be done properly

Old spark as long as you follow bs5839 and take your time you'll be fine any more questions you ve got were here to advise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back