Fire / Building Regs - Blocking Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm looking to re-vamp the tired kitchen extension that came along with my present home.

The current extension is a roughly 15ft x 18ft single storey, flat roofed extention on the back of my 1940's 3 bed semi-detached house. As it currently stands, it has two internal entrances into the kitchen, a single and a two door entrance from the lounge. The exterior doors consist of a set of sliding patio doors and a side single (hinged) door.

I am looking to block-off (stud-wall) the internal single entrance to the kitchen, and also to half-brick, half window-off the current single side (external) door, in order to free a whole corner of the lounge and kitchen area to workable space.

This will leave a double-door entrance into the kitchen from the lounge and a sliding patio door as the exit from the kitchen area.

Is this okay for building / fire regs?

I'm sure this is okay from the internal access, but before going ahead I'd like the confirmation from some guys in the know regarding blocking off the side door & putting a window in it's place.

Thanks. :)

:D :D :D

Sponsored Links
My daughter's kitchen in a relatively newly built house has no external doors and only one internal door so by the sound of your layout you have nothing to worry about.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys!
I felt that it would be okay, but wanted to double-check before going ahead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back