Fire door regs - advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My loft extension is coming on great and i have picked up some half hour fire doors to satisfy the building inspector. I am aware that i need to install self closing mechanisms and will be buying these shortly.
The question i have is that concerning the frames themselves.
I have already constructed these from pine during the build, but wondered if there are any stringent regulations concerning the frames and door stops of fire doors.
This is only a domestic installation and i could do without pouring over a yet another million more regs. My building inspector has been more than amicable upto now, so i really need to know if there are any touches i need to employ re the frames prior to his next visit.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
shouldnt be I would need to poor over regs myself to confirm but 20min fire doors normally required for loft cons insumecent strip in frames makes them up to fd30 but if you are buying fd30 stamped doors he will be more than happy closers must actualy close the door to the point where it latches

Tip( if you open window in room where the door is not quit latching it will help the door to slam like only a teenager can)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back