FD30 Fire Door installation in a Victorian House

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi any advice would be helpful.

I need to have 6 single FD30 Fire Doors installed (with all the fire rated seals, Iornmongery etc). My issue is its a Victorian house and none of the existing door frames (linings) are a standard size. I am getting different views. Has anyone installed FD30 fire doors where the existing frame heights and widths are non standard sizes i.e one door is 2015mm Height by 805mm Width. The closest off the shelf fire door is 1981 x 762.

Have you had to replace all the existing frames to fit standard sized doors?

Can you leave the existing frames in place and build them out and fit Fire Resistant door stops?

The existing frames are in good sturdy condition but not all so I may have to remove and replace one or two of the existing frames but I was hoping not to have to replace all of them. Its a big job so I am told.

Its a small HMO so I have to do it to be compliant with regulations.

Any experience of this would be greatly appreciarted.

Sponsored Links
Fitting new doors on existing frames is a great pain.
Remove all frames and fit new ones, especially because retrofitting fire seals in the frames requires a groove to be routed.
Also, old frames are never straight, so you would be swearing like a sailor all the way.
Fit doors and frames of the required size that fits in the hole.
You shouldn't be left with more than an inch either sides which you can fill with fire expanding foam.
The architrave will then hide it.
1981 x 762 door will fit perfectly in 2015mm x 805mm opening because the frame will add 30mm approx top and sides.
Are you doing it yourself?
Have you fitted doors before?

You can't cut fire doors down other than the notional few mm per edge.

Frames/linings have to conform to whatever is specified by the door manufacturer.

Some LA's or insurers may require third-party certification.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back