Fire door repair .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter just started a caretaker job for a company looking after several blocks of flats. This is a pic of a repair to a report of a broken handle on a fire door in a tower block.( the company use a maintenance company for repairs).

Attachments

• 7BB7B4C2-8685-497D-899D-EC8ED69F479E.jpeg
    7BB7B4C2-8685-497D-899D-EC8ED69F479E.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
I'm speechless!
Is this the company your daughter has started work with or an outside firm?
Either way, I don't think that would/should get past the fire inspectors annual survey report.

I'm speechless!
Is this the company your daughter has started work with or an outside firm?
Either way, I don't think that would/should get past the fire inspectors annual survey report.
They use outside contractor for repairs .

Sponsored Links
Surely it would have been easier to put a correct handle on instead of cobbling that up?
If they didn't have one on the van, then that would have been a "needs must" fix to ensure that people could open the door in the meantime. The thing is, they should have gone to the merchants or stores, and picked up a replacement at the earliest opportunity to install it - but the priority would have been to get the door useable PDQ. I have had to do just such a fix a few times over the years, but always only as an emergency temporary fix

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back