Fire Surround cement recommendation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, Myself and partner have just bought a lovely big victorian house which is in dire need of DIY care and attention.

Recently a friend installed a victorian fire surround and fire brick backing into one of the old fireplaces. It's looking great but now he's moved away and i have to fill in the round the sides with some kind of marble strips or tiles.

There's still a gap around the edge of the metal surround and i need to fill this with some kind of cement. I bought some tubs of fire cement and used this but i've found that it's drying and cracking away!

What's a good fire cement to use in this situation?

Thanks in advance

:)

Sponsored Links
I Understand where you're coming from, but there's an area of about 6" around the surround where the marble strips will go, and this needs to be skimmed with concrete/fire cement beforehand so the wall is flat and smooth for the marble strips.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back