firedoor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i'm having to fit a firedoor which is slightly to small for the door frame,approx 2cm all the way around.Is it ok to either build up the door frame or add 2cm battens to the firedoor.Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What size of opening does the frame have? and are you trying to fit an existing door thereby requiring to jiggle the size?? ...pinenot :)

Basically i have a door frame that is an odd size and therefore i can't get a fire door off the shelf that fits.So i the nearest i can get is approx 2cm too short all the way round.I know you can't cut fire doors so i was wondering if i can add to the door or will reducing the size of the door frame to fit the firedoor be ok

Are Building Control involved? I guess if you screwed a 1cm strip around the existing at say 300 centres and sealed the gap with an intumescent sealant then it would be OK. You'd have to do the same for the stops as well of course.

Though not sure if BC would accept it. technically they shouldn't but may do.

Ok for some reason your not stating the frame size, but as I gather you have 20 mm (2 cm) each side and the top, adding a hardwood lipping, housed to take intumescent strips, would do the job properly.
As per the sketch...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back