Firefox Add On's (or extensions!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from This link, what extensions are you using with firefox that you would recommend to others?

I use:-
Cooliris for previewing link and pics
British English Dictionary for spell checking
Answers for on-line definitions of words
Adblock Plus to block adds.
+ a few others.

Then loads of web developer ones like FireFTP, RankQuest, Web Developer and Firebug....

Sorry if it's been done before.

Sponsored Links
Firefox 3

Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer
Google Toolbar
VideoGet Firefox Extention
I don't have Adblock or AB Plus and FiltersetG on the newer version of Firefox. It does not seem to need it as my HostFiles are updated regularly.

Aeon Clouds theme to make the toolbars easier on the eyes.

dave

ooh, I'm gonna be really boring - all I've got is Yahoo Toolbar and Total Validator.

And I'm still on version 1.5 of Firefox. I didn't like version 2 - I can't stand tabbed browsing and I like the old option of "opening new link in existing window" which I couldn't do on version 2 (or if you could, I couldn't find it). Had a look at version 3, but it seems to be the same - can't keep new links to the existing window.

I know, I'm way behind - it works for me - if it ain't broke, don't fix it - which is why I'm still on WMP9!!!!!!!! :LOL:

While we're on the subject of add-ons - the only little thing that bugs me is that when you put a smiley into a post with FF it always puts it to the very end of the post - you can't go back up the post and insert one.

Is there an add-on that fixes that?

Sponsored Links
While we're on the subject of add-ons - the only little thing that bugs me is that when you put a smiley into a post with FF it always puts it to the very end of the post - you can't go back up the post and insert one.

Is there an add-on that fixes that?

Alison,
it only happens on some forums so it must be a conflict or difference between the forum format and Firefox.
I notice on here you cannot go back and highlite a sentence and click Bold or Underline. You have to insert the script for it if the words have already been typed. And if you click Bold and then carry on typing there is no /b to end the bold type.

To insert a smiley into a post that has already been written all you can do is click the smiley and when the code appears at the end of the text, is highlite and cut and paste it where you want.

dave

Dave, that's what I do if I wanna go back and do a smiley. It's a minor pain but not worth ditching FF over - I'd rather stick my head in the gas oven than go back to IE permanently.

Empip - I think I had that add-on a while ago and it didn't do owt on my forum - still had to manually insert BBCode and cut and paste smileys. Must be the settings on my forum with Firefox cos it doesn't do it with IE (strike me down for using it - but it was only to test!).

And I'm still on version 1.5 of Firefox. I didn't like version 2 - I can't stand tabbed browsing and I like the old option of "opening new link in existing window" which I couldn't do on version 2 (or if you could, I couldn't find it).

On version 2 + 3 under Tools -> Options you can specify if you want links open in tabs or new windows.

I love the tabbed windows it makes it so easy, I sometimes have 10+ open it would be a real mess if they were all separate windows. I tend to open a forum page or news-page then scroll down it opening all the links I'm interested in, then just go through the tabs and close them when I've seen them, it save going back an forth to the main page.
Clicking on the middle button on the mouse opens a link in a new tab which is a handy tip.

Sponsored Links
Back