Fireplace Ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Can any of you Pro's offer some advice regards a new fireplace.

I'm rubbish when it comes to ideas, but would like to change what I currently have, to something a lot more modern. Must be electric, and doesn't have to pump out any heat, it is literally for looks only.

My girlfriend has said she would still like some form of mantle piece (for her candles :rolleyes: ), and a small hearth if possible.

Anyone know of any nice ones, which don't cost the earth?

This is the current one which has been in since I moved in. Mines the mantle as I've removed that:
fire.jpg

Thanks a lot

Sponsored Links
Also, mean't to say....I have looked in the usual places like B&Q etc, but they look very cheap and nasty from there.

Also, there is a hole behind that fire, and an open chinmey. Unfortunately I live in a flat, and in the leasehold agreement it states we are not allowed open fires. Although, I could possibly board out the hole and make some sort of feature out of it?

Sponsored Links
Also, mean't to say....I have looked in the usual places like B&Q etc, but they look very cheap and nasty from there.
You answered your own question, electric look cheap and nasty.
You could remove fire and leave it open and put a couple of slate tiles on the floor and cheap timber mantle, I did this with mine but used a piece of reclaimed oak for a mantle.Tiles and timber about £40 [the oak was £60].

Foxhole i like the look of that, nice job. What did you use for the surround/ inset part between the wood and the opening?

Cheers

No quite sure , I think it's a polished slate, it was an offcut from a lift surround in one of the offices I used to maintain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back