Fireworks

Aeroplanes were good.

Who can remember 'Squibs'? That's where the term "A damp sqib" comes from. IE - a firework that wouldn't light. "It was a damp Sqib" (Not SQUID).

There is only one person licenced to use squibs, and he is only licenced to use them in Somerset. They are only used in Bridgewater, and were due to be used at the Bridgewater carnival last night. For some reason this was cancelled at the last minute. It may have been that the emergency services were absent, as they were dealing with the tragic accident on the M5 at the same time.

Sponsored Links
I must admit to spending £20 on fireworks at cash converters (Best value) for tomorrow night.

What a damp squib they turned out to be!

I could pass wind louder than these fireworks! :evil:

I won't be going to Cac converters next year for Bonfire Night

Awwww shame.
But really fireworks are sh1te if purchased from major stores. Find an Indian seller, many pop up in time for Diwilai or however its spelt and carry on for Nov 5th. £80 there is a good night for a family and friends. And makes the neighbours jealous lol.

We have just been to an excellent bonfire / firework display.

Sponsored Links
Me too...brilliant fireworks and all for FREE :)
Heaven knows how much they cost but a great display.

It is a strange thing to celebrate - the intended indiscriminate death and destruction of people working withing parliament, or the brutal slaughter of the terrorist Fawkes himself (hung, drawn, quartered). Hip hip hoorah :rolleyes:

It is a strange thing to celebrate - the intended indiscriminate death and destruction of people working withing parliament, or the brutal slaughter of the terrorist Fawkes himself (hung, drawn, quartered). Hip hip hoorah :rolleyes:

To be honest I never think about why we do it ...I just love fireworks :eek:

To be honest I never think about why we do it ...I just love fireworks :eek:
Not a criticism of you, but it reminds me of a comment of one of my pupils a few years ago. When asked why, during the last week of Autumn Term, I carried on making my classes work and do mathematics I pointed out that most of the class didn't go to church nor indeed believe in the existence of a god. To which one of the youngsters (ironically, but he couldn't understand why :rolleyes: ) asked - and I quote - "What has Christmas got to do with religion?"

In todays materialistic world nothing.
Give the lad an extra beating with a ruler :D

Sponsored Links
Back