Firmware upgrade - Texecom Premier Elite 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Texecom Premier Elite 24 running firmware 1.09. I also have the wireless box (ricochet?) which connects to 2 PIR's in the garage, these currently do not get set, but I don't want to lose functionality as they may be set in the future.

I have the JAC-001 lead and know I need to acquire the flash PCB to do the upgrade.

Can I just backup the settings using the JAC-001 and Wintex software then flash the panel to the latest firmware, reset, then restore the backup or would it be advisable to upgrade in increments?

I'm only upgrading to allow me to install a smartcom unit. I don't have the knowledge to reprogram from scratch if it all goes wrong!

Any assistance kindly received.

Greenstick

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
What ever Texecom tell you a major firmware upgrade ..eg 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 ect ....can cause issues .... my best advise is print current configuration off ....make new configuration eg version 5 and re-program it from the print out ....upgrade your panel and shoot this into the new panel ...then re add your wireless devices ....no doubt others will have their own view on this ...

I would delte the two pits off the system before flashing and then relearn them back on after you have flashed the panel.

As already suggested regarding reprograming. or if you have two screens you can copy the wintex profile manually into another wintex that's open.

Be aware that your wireless expander will ne a version 1 unit if purchased at the same time as the panel, so you will be limited to what wirrless devices you can add and you wouldn't be able to view ricochet monitor from wintex as it would require a version2 expander or above.

If you get stuck just give us a shout on here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back