First ever Tumble Dryer - what to go for

Sponsored Links
I have looked today on what our heat pump drier uses, 1.53 kWh and took around 3.5 hours. Don't know how big the load was.
That sounds a lot. We have a grundig HP. Was around £500. A+++ rating. Uses 0.35 to 0.4 kWh per cycle.

Our old condenser used 1.5kWh, and didn’t do our clothes any good, even on low temp setting. Any clothing I actually cared about I’d hang it to dry rather than putting it in, which kind of defeated the object of having one.

We are saving around £25 a month.

I quoted actual reading from energy monitor, not what the manufacturers say it uses, maybe wife did two cycles, but would have expected to see two peaks if that was case, likely set to H-3 driest setting, this 1701849544555.pngwas the display for the day, yesterday now no longer showing I get 1701849726079.png which I will guess is showing two washing loads this month, and the machine is brand new, as last one failed, I will try to put in a washing load myself so I know the settings used. But these are real figures not what the manufacturer says it uses.

Sponsored Links
I quoted actual reading from energy monitor, not what the manufacturers say it uses, maybe wife did two cycles, but would have expected to see two peaks if that was case, likely set to H-3 driest setting, this View attachment 324028was the display for the day, yesterday now no longer showing I get View attachment 324029 which I will guess is showing two washing loads this month, and the machine is brand new, as last one failed, I will try to put in a washing load myself so I know the settings used. But these are real figures not what the manufacturer says it uses.
Same. I was quoting an energy monitor (the Tapo plug in one)

Why with a fan? We already use a dehumidifier, but not in combination with a fan. So just wondered what's the difference?

Out on a washing line, clothes dry much faster, if it's a windy day, the same applies indoors.

The fan produces an airflow around the damp washing, so the moisture evaporates quicker. I use an oscillating fan, so it spreads it's draft better.

The energenie mihome energy meter I am using will if left for a long time connected to same device show how it is doing month by month, but I swap it around and think the last thing before I did the drier was my battery charger, also use it to monitor beer brewing, I note at moment Lidi are selling some very cheap ones, also TRV electronic heads very cheap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back