First house, low pressure in hot water upstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

First time poster, first time house owner and first time hot water problem :oops:

Basically the hot water flow/pressure rate upstairs in my house is terrible. I have a shower pump installed on the shower which works fine but it feeds the shower only. Cold water is fine and has a nice solid flow.

I have 2 bathrooms upstairs and the ensuite tap pressure is worse than the main bathroom, infact its more of a trickle, I think this is due to the height of the tap as when I (well a friend) tested at a lower position the pressure was stronger.

What are my options?

Do I buy another shower pump/whole house pump and install on to the hot water pipes for the whole house? Would this mean when the shower is being used 2 pumps are running?

Do I use the currrent NewTeam Varispeed 50 to run the whole house than the shower?

I'm lost at the minute, I know nothing about plumbing and water systems so please help me out.

If more info is needed give me a shout and I'll see what I can do.

Hoping to buy whatever I need asap.

PS - I have a boiler in the garage, hot water tank on the landing and cold water tanks in the loft.

Sponsored Links
Check valves on hot side are all fully open, (the hot cylinder is fed from the cold storage (larger) tank in the loft). Trace the pipe from the bottom of the cylinder, going up to the tank, should be a valve on it. If its stuck or broken then maybe not fully open which wont help. Also worth checking there's no debris in cold storage tank blocking the outlet. Not unknown to find remains of an old wooden lid or dead animal in there......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back